Question
· Apr 9, 2020

Support for Standards built in? FHIR I know is supported, how about OAGIS, FERPA CEDS, PSD2/SWIFT, NIEM?

Hello,

I was wondering if InterSystems has support for the following standards built into IRIS or Health Connect / Ensemble:

1.        Healthcare FHIR(Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource) Protocol

2.        Enterprise Resource Planning OAGIS (Open Applications Group Integration Specification) Protocol / Supply Chain Management GS1-EPCIS (Electronic Product Code Information Services)

3.        Education, Certification, Credentials FERPA CEDS (Common Education Data Standards) Protocol

4.        Open Banking PSD2 /SWIFT (Payments Services Directive/Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) Protocol

5.        Federal, State and Local Government NIEM (National Information Exchange Model ) Protocol

If not, has anybody utilized Iris or Ensemble for these kind of messages?

Thanks,

Oliver

Discussion (3)2

Oliver,

InterSystems has extensive support for FHIR, including the newest version, R4. Here is a link:

https://docs.intersystems.com/irisforhealthlatest/csp/docbook/Doc.View.cls?KEY=HXIHRN_new20201_healthcare_fhir

You may also be interested in an upcoming Webinar in which we will explain how API management can be used with FHIR:

https://community.intersystems.com/tags/fhir

In terms of the other standards you mentioned, I am not aware of any specific support in the product. There are hundreds of protocols that exists, and we try to support the most popular and in-demand by our customers. Do you have a specific use case in mind for one of these other protocols?

Hi Oliver,

I spent 20 years developing software, originally in MUMPS but now in Objectscript, runs on IRIS, that generates SWIFT MT messages for transmission in categories 1,2,3 and 5. Also receives messages in all categories and decodes and processes them. System also handles message matching and bank reconciliations. All automated save for a bit of exception handling when the wrong data is input. Also seamless connectivity with SWIFT Alliance system so the messages go straight out from the back office system and across the SWIFT network with full ACK/NACK processing. Added GPI and LAU to the connectivity process. Did a bit of freelance work a couple of years ago on the MX messages too. Processed about 4 billion messages in 20 years with close to 100% STP. It's all quite do-able in IRIS.